Our Story

How it all started...

1948 Rev. Michael Horban came to Welland to help with a local Ukranian Evangelical Group. That lead to a small group meeting in a rented hall on Main St. This first gathering would eventually become Faith Tabernacle Pentecostal Assembly (Faith Welland). A good foundation laid for the Lord to build on....

1967 Rev. Willard Witman began his ministry as pastor plans to relocate became a reality. The present property, 380 South Pelham Rd. was purchased and a new church building and parsonage (now church office) were construction. The congregation moved to the new church in December of 1968 and officially named it Faith Tabernacle Pentecostal Assembly.

1973 Rev. Bruce Schwindt began his ministry here at Faith and the church continued to grow. In 1976 the Sunday School Bus Ministry was revived and soon the church facility were at capacity and after nine years, plans once again were prepared to build. 

Continuing the journey...

A continued growth under Rev. Schwindt's then Rev. Swartwood's leadership the new sanctuary was at capacity.

Where we are headed...

1988 Rev. Ramon Hunston came to assume the pastorate and the need to expand the facilities became necessary and so plans were again initiated to build another new sanctuary, the third on the present site. The construction of the present church building began in May 1990.


Be a part of our story...

Join us every Sunday as we gather to worship together a 9:15 am and 11 am.